Posted on Mar 18, 2022, 2 p.m.
Until recently, people for the most part only recognized issues concerned with physical well-being as needing serious attention. Topics that involved the mental well-being of individuals were not accepted. The trend has shifted only recently. People have only recently started to acknowledge the existence of issues concerning mental health. People have shifted their focus towards improving their minds and body. They are looking for various options by which they can attain a well-balanced mind and body.
Mental and Physical well being
The years 2020-2021 have taken a toll on the mental health of millions of people over the world. People have witnessed losing their loved ones. People have stayed home for over two years without access to any outside facility. Cases of frustration, anxiety, depression, etc., have risen multifold over the two years. Multiple variants of the virus have caused severe trauma to people's minds all around the globe.
Amidst this chaos, people wish to come back to normal. In the year 2022, people expect things to calm down. They expect their mind to be free of worries and frustration. They hope to improve their deteriorated mental conditions to heal.
For over two years, nobody was allowed to leave their homes except for necessary activities like buying medicines, getting groceries, and food supplies. This lack of physical activity has taken a toll on their body and mind. Lack of physical activity affects the mood and the body image of a person. They tend to look lethargic and often end up procrastinating. They do not achieve anything. This further increases risk of mental issues. Issues like anxiety and depression often are associated with negative body image. Physical activities are thus necessary, especially for those who are conscious of their body image.
The lockdown has now ended. People are stepping out of their homes and are looking for ways to rehabilitate themselves and boost their morale. They want to get back into shape. They want to focus on their physical well-being all over again.
Maintaining Mental & Physical well-being
People are suggested to find purpose in the activities that they do. They are asked to find more meaning in the activities, chores, tasks, etc., that they do every day. This way, they keep their mind busy and away from wandering.
1. Meditation helps heal the mind and bring back peace and stability. Short-term slots of meditation spread throughout the day can help to a great extent in improving mental and bodily strength.
2. Sleep is an essential factor. A good 6-8 hour sleep helps rejuvenate the body significantly.
Maintaining good social relationships also helps distract the mind from the things that affect it. Good friends and good company are essential to maintaining good mental health.
3. Regularly going to the gym and doing the workout is a good way of keeping motivated. It also helps improve the physique of the body. A good figure brings in confidence and a positive body image.
4. A good walk brings in many benefits. It helps keep the heart-healthy, helps lose calories, maintains bodily posture, and provides a detox from the world. Taking a stroll or walking down the park early in the morning or before sunset is also a good way of maintaining physical well-being.
5. Yoga is a very prevalent exercise adopted by millions around the world. It helps improve internal bodily functions. It helps improve body structure and maintain good mental balance. Doing yoga every morning allows one a fresh and healthy start to the day.
6. A good diet is an essential aspect of all; a good reflection on the body. It provides the body with the necessary nutrients and minerals. It also brings a sense of satisfaction that releases the 'feel-good hormones in the body.
7. CBD Edibles refer to edible substances infused with CBD. These edibles are ready-to-eat and need only be consumed without any additional cooking. They can generally include any food or drink. The most commonly available and consumed CBD products are oil, gummies, protein bars, fruits candies, chocolates, chewing gums, pills, capsules, etc. All these products have high quantity CBD and are used for different purposes depending on the concentration of CBD. Be sure to read the packaging to make sure of what you are getting as CBD edibles are not psychoactive, however, you can also get edibles containing THC that will get you high.
- CBD Gummies are chewing gummies in various flavors. They are used by people who have constant cases of anxiety or depression, or other mental issues. They also help in matters related to lack of sleep.
- CBD Protein Bars are particularly famous in workout regimes. They bring in the double effect of CBD and protein. Exercisers and athletes often consume them to get a quick dosage of protein; & the CBD helps rehabilitate their bodies.
- CBD Dried Fruits are sugary treats that are healthier than other sugar-dried fruits. They come with fruit flavors. They help bring a tasty flavor to CBD.
- CBD chocolate is another of the edible items offered. They offer a lower concentration of CBD with the added taste of chocolate. They help in cases of anxiety and fatigue.
- CBD Energy bites are another form of CBD edibles that provide instant energy boosts. They also offer added benefits of almonds, coconut, flakes, hemp seeds, etc.
There are many ways to maintain physical and mental well-being in 2022. Common means include yoga, exercise, meditation, keeping the mind busy, etc. However, recently, a new trend has started. People consume CBD Edibles to improve the conditions of mind and body with which they are suffering. They are available in many forms like gummies, chocolate bars, oil, honey, etc. Each of these edibles has different and unique characteristics and benefits. They contain different quantities of CBD and consumers choose them depending on their needs. The chemical CBD helps calm the brain and heals the body faster. They are a new way of maintaining a peaceful mind and healthy body.
This article was written for WHN by Noah Johnson, blogger and health advocate.
As with anything you read on the internet, this article should not be construed as medical advice; please talk to your doctor or primary care provider before making any changes to your wellness routine.
Content may be edited for style and length.
Materials provided by: