Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Testosterone

Need assistance in locating a Physician

By JimK at Feb. 20, 2012, 12:54 a.m., 25684 hits

I am in search of a Physician who can take over my care for Hormone Replacement Therapy. I live in a area where there are not any doctor's who treat men. The physician I was being treated by has passed away and now I am trying to find a online clinic who will continue my treatment. My health care provider does cover Hormone Replacement Therapy. Any assistance would be very helpful.

Posts [ 3 ] | Last post Feb. 20, 2012, 12:54 a.m.
#1 - Feb. 11, 2012, 6:46 p.m.
Chris D. Meletis, ND


Have you tried the A4M Directory?

#2 - Feb. 11, 2012, 8:25 p.m.

Yes I have tried the Search Directory. I have found plenty of Physicians and clinics that treat men for Hormone Replacement Therapy. However all of the listings that I have called require a in office visit with the physician. The dilemma that I am having is that the nearest Physician / Clinic is 5 hours drive time. I would like to find a Physician who will treat me by way of electronic communication. I can submitt my medical records from my previous Doctor and go to the local Hospital to get blood work done according to the required specifications of the New Physician. Any assistance in this would be very helpful.

#3 - Feb. 20, 2012, 12:54 a.m.
Chris D. Meletis, ND

Sorry for the delay, I was lecturing in New York.

If you have not been able to find a physician within the A4M database. You may also wish to check to see if there is a local Naturopathic Doctor that may be able to assist you. Since testosterone is tightly regulated, finding a doctor that is willing to do only distant consults without at least a first time visit, may be challenging.

Here is a link to the National Association for Licensed NDs.