Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

Protect Yourself From Evil-Wind Diseases

By sswartz at Oct. 27, 2015, 6:42 p.m., 11960 hits

All week in Miami we have been having strong winds coming from the East and Northeast at 10 to 15 KTS with gusts of 20 to 25 KTS. In traditional Chinese medicine, wind causes considerable difficulty. It is one of the six external causes of disease. Wind is a word that is widely and freely used in Chinese medicine in relation to health and disease while it has no equivalent meaning or implication for the Western medical field. External wind can cause diseases that are acute, like the common cold, influenza, sinus infection, skin eruption, sore throat, cough, and eye disorders.

Now, we are in the season that's ruled by the metal element affecting both the lungs and large intestines. Autumn, which means it's a windy season and a time when cold and flu are easy to catch. According to Chinese Medicine, we are all most susceptible to catching a wind at the change of seasons. Here are some tips to help you avoid a wind attack:

• I can remember my friend, Ronny, would always wear a scarf around his neck in a windy weather. When I asked him why, he said, to prevent an evil wind invasion. According to Su Wen, “Wind-evil is the main factor to induce various diseases, and has many variations and no regular pattern when it turns into other diseases. But, in the last analysis, the diseases are stemmed from the invasion of wind-evil.” Traditional Chinese Medicine teaches that external pathogens (bugs) are carried in the wind and that they enter our bodies at the back of our necks. We have acupuncture points that “expel wind” used to treat a cold. If you cover your neck when going out in the wind, you can actually help to prevent catching a cold.
• During the windy season, we are more prone to wind disorders. Things are changing in the environment and for our bodies as well. Our bodies are changing from the warm weather to the cold of winter, and this change leaves us more vulnerable to getting sick. It’s time to change your diet to foods that are warm, oily, and slightly heavier to help to counteract the drying, rough, and cold quality of wind. It is essential not to let our digestion get cold as we head into fall and winter seasons. Our digestion is the key to our immune system. Start adding winter squash, soups, whole grains, and root vegetables. This is the time of the year that I change my oil from coconut oil, and apply sesame oil on my skin before taking a bath or shower. It’s good to ward off stiff joints and it puts a little more heat in the body.
• It’s also the best time to place more of your intention into your meditation practices. The Internal Mantra Program http://goo.gl/U3cERj will give you instructions and exercises to strengthen yourself for the fall and winter internal work. Get it today, and I will send you a FREE meditation CD to enhance your practices.

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth, and Happiness!

Dr. Wu Dhi

P.S. Be sure to ask for the FREE meditation program when you order. http://goo.gl/U3cERj

No Reply