Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

Important Fall Transformation Practice

By sswartz at Sept. 30, 2015, 1:02 a.m., 13087 hits

Now that it’s autumn, you’ll start to feel new things in the air and in your body. It’s time to start changing a few things in your program. As the season changes, it is important to adjust and fine-tune your exercise, your diet, sleep and your meditations. I’ll explain more as we go on…

I walked to my new training spot on the beach in Hollywood early this morning. I could feel a subtle change in the air, a sense of autumn even though it’s still hot in South Florida. The skies are full of clouds and bursting with colors; that’s a sign that things are starting to change. You can feel fall wherever you live. When I lived in Michigan and walked in the woods, I would know there was a shift. I remember feeling the chill of autumn at this time of the year. Golden leaves lay scattered on the ground. The smell of dry, burning leaves filled my nostrils. It’s amazing how quickly we descend from the warmth of summer to the chill of fall. The nights are longer than the days, there is more energy leaving the earth’s atmosphere than entering it. If you are quiet enough inside, you will feel the shift, the smells are different and, if you watch the animals in your surroundings, you’ll see their behavior has changed.

We have moved into the season of the Metal energy where Autumn cleans out old negativity. Fall is the season when we learn more about ourselves than in any other season. Now that the harvest of late summer is over, nature now makes everything bare. The growing season is over, and it is time to turn inward and let go of things that hinder your growth. The energy of fall dropping the old, just like the trees drop their leaves at this time of the year.

In Chinese medicine, Autumn is the season of the Metal element. Sadness and grief are the emotions of the Metal element. We all experience loss, separation, and the need to let go, and it’s natural to feel the grief at these times. Grief cleanses us of what is no longer needed in our lives. The large intestines is the organ of the Metal element. It has the function of eliminating what is unnecessary or toxic from our system, both physically and mentally. On the other hand, valor and courage are the positive themes of the season. Start moving forward with your projects and be inspired to get things going. The lungs and large intestines work together as a team, one taking in the pure Qi, the other eliminating toxic wastes. If there is a blockage in your system, you may experience symptoms of bronchitis, shortness of breath, cough, allergies, nasal congestion, colds, sore throat, constipation or diarrhea, and abdominal pain.

The Metal element is at its peak now, and we are particularly open to treatment. Using the wisdom of Chinese medicine, we can rebuild the Metal within us physically, mentally, and spiritually. Now is the time to contain yourself, speak only when necessary, true and kind, behaving with economy, and exerting your will quietly and calmly. To get in harmony with the autumn season, go through your closet, desk, garage, medicine cabinet, or any cluttered storage area, and discard what you no longer need. Diet should include more squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and root veggies. Go to sleep earlier and wake up a little later. As for your internal exercises and meditations, it is now time to join the Qi Gong Inner Circle http://goo.gl/BhkK3x and learn the Fall longevity secrets.

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth, and Happiness!

Dr. Wu Dhi

No Reply