Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

Summer is Here!

By sswartz at June 20, 2015, 9:16 p.m., 12383 hits

Sunday is ruled by our own Sun, and tomorrow is the longest day of the year, the Summer Solstice. People have been doing rituals on the Summer Solstice dating back to ancient times. The Druids, ancient Egyptians, Mayans, Essenes, Romans, and many others have aligned their sacred sites to the Summer Solstice and conducted ceremonies on this day.

Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice, the first day of summer. On all the summer and winter solstices and the two equinoxes as well, I always do ritual work like fasting and meditating, and I fill my day with love and healing, and spend hours in nature doing internal exercises. In the healing work that I have been practicing for at least 30 years, I bathe myself and my patients in a shower of white light. Light is spiritual in its nature; it cleans and purifies. The sun and stars have a spiritual significance that has its root in higher dimensions. In many ancient teachings, they are described as the source of creation. The Summer Solstice is a highly spiritual time for growth. When I was a student of Yogi Bhajan years ago, I would always attend the Summer Solstice retreats in New Mexico. For 8 days, we would live in silence, and wake up hours before the sun came up to chant and meditate.

This annual journey of the sun is symbolic of the journey of enlightenment. Ancient peoples expressed this wisdom according to their time and culture, yet their sacred teachings and symbols share many similarities because they are based on universal principles common to all life. In the famous text The Bhagavad Gita, the Summer Solstice is described as the gate of ascent out of this world into the realm of spirit by both Krishna.

Enjoy this Sunday’s energy. The day of the sun when there will be more light than any other day of the year. Open up your energies and bathe yourself in the light. This is a wonderful time of the year to start a new ritual, and the Internal Mantra program http://goo.gl/TmnwuW is just what you need to step into the light.

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth, and Happiness!

Dr. Wu Dhi

No Reply