Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Stem Cell

Oregon U scientists make embryonic stem cells via Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer

By hkugler at Oct. 24, 2013, 7:14 p.m., 17195 hits

1) Remove the DNA from a human egg cell.
2) Collect DNA from any cell (most likely skin cell) from a person who needs stem cells.
3) Transfer the DNA into the denucleated egg cell.
4) Trigger the cell to start dividing (mitosis) with an electric shock (even though, as we found, there are better ways (imitate a sperm) to start mitosis after the nuclear transfer.
5) On day # 4 - the “Blastocyst” stage - a sack of stem cells is formed in the developing embryo. Remove some of these stem cells and cultivate then separately (away from the controlling DNA).
6) Grow these (now person-specific) stem cell to about 10 million.
7) Transplant these stem cells into person for whom they were made.

We have presented research data at A4M Congresses to show that the nuclear transfer is THE way to go - - - and not iPS (induced pluripotent SCs).
Religious arguments can be prevented by using animal egg cells (rabbit, bovine) instead of a human egg cell. Once you remove the DNA from an animal egg cell, what do you have? Answer: fertile soil.

Also: In a process called “Parthenogenesis” (only for women who had previously collected and stored some of their egg cells), these egg cells can be triggered to divide (mitosis), and form person-specific stem cells (for that woman only) without nuclear transfer.

See http://www.drhanskugler.com , and http://www.antiagingforme.org for more

Several years ago, when the idea of iPS, making stem cells via transferring 5 retroviruses (each with a control gene attached to it) into a skin cell became popular, I predicted BIG PROBLEMS with the iPS approach - - - now confirmed with risks of tumors, cancer, genetic aberration, and even rejection. iPS research findings are truly fascinating, but not for making person-specific stem cells.
The entire anti-aging approach - - from telomeres that prove good health practices as true snti-aging modalities, clearly defined HOW TO health practices, advanced theories on aging, and the specifics of stem cell research (with full documentation) is covered in “LIFE-LONG HEALTH: learn how to Control your Genes to stay Young with Age” - - made available as e-book at our non-profit of $ 7.55. For access to the first 21 pages, just click on book cover at any one of the two websites quoted above.

— Last Edited by Hans J. Kugler, PhD at 2013-05-16 16:40:30 —

Posts [ 2 ] | Last post Oct. 24, 2013, 7:14 p.m.
#1 - Oct. 24, 2013, 8:53 a.m.
bonieplour

In my opinion these types of cells are pluripotent – meaning they have the capacity to develop into a variety of different cell types within the human body.

#2 - Oct. 24, 2013, 7:14 p.m.
Hans J. Kugler, PhD

My response:
a) The ESCs made by Oregon U.: YES.
b) iPS: Where's the beef? Show me ANY scientific publication/work where they made ESCs via iPS ( - - full telomere length, etc.).