Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

Why Sleep Is Precious

By sswartz at Jan. 15, 2015, 3:42 p.m., 14421 hits

If you’re not getting enough zzz’s at night, or if you’re one of those night owls who are spending hours in front of the television or browsing the Internet, you are causing more damage to your brain than you would think. If you’re sleeping less than seven or eight hours a night, it has been linked to memory loss and even Alzheimer’s disease. One would assume that when they go to sleep, their brain goes to sleep, too. But, it’s not true. Your brain is actually more active at night than it is during the day. It’s the time that it clears out toxins and recharges itself. No one is claiming that Alzheimer’s disease comes from sleep deprivation but it may be a key factor. We all know that sleep deprivation causes irritability and grouchiness, and they say that a shorter sleep cycle may be linked to a shrinking brain volume. I have found from personal experience that when I have a poor night’s sleep, I am dragging all day mentally, physically, and emotionally. Little things seem to disturb me more than usual. Here’s what I do to balance myself out even if I don’t get a good night’s sleep:

1. First thing in the morning, eat a hearty breakfast. Protein and vegetables seem to be a key factor.
2. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water. Forget about the coffee. It dehydrates the body.
3. Get a 15-minute power nap during the day.
4. A 5-minute meditation focused on relaxing and recharging the body can make a difference.
5. Get out in nature and take a 10-15 deep breaths. Pull the nature spirit into my body.
6. Do at least one set of Qi Gong. It restores my energy, revitalizes my brain, and gets the Qi moving through my body.

Many of you have asked what type of Qi Gong do I suggest to give you the most bang for the buck. Flying Crane Qi Gong will wake up the meridians, move the energy, and balance you out in the shortest amount of time. Here’s how you can get the program: http://rechargingqigong.com/flying-crane-qi-gong.html

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth and Happiness!

Dr. Wu Dhi

No Reply