Posted on Dec 04, 2019, 8 p.m.
The rules for immortality are taken from the book “Stopping the Clock” which was written by Dr. Ron Klatz and Dr. Bob Goldman, who are the co-founders of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M). Their book was recently reviewed in The Business Mirror’s Triple Digits Column dedicated to prioritizing books featuring “breakthroughs in age reversal techniques.”
Stopping the Clock discusses why many of us will live past the age of 100 and enjoy the extra years by regaining energy and vitality, halting or reversing damage to our body, and how to take steps to avoid diseases such as heart attack, arthritis, cancer, and diabetes which reduce lifespan as well as increase mortality.
Contrary to the misconception the purpose of anti-aging medicine is not simply just to extend life in order to live for a longer period of time, rather it is to delay the onset of the aging process to extend healthspan to give everyone more time to enjoy their time with a greater number of happy and functional years to spend doing what they would like to do with while on this planet.
“Aging is a treatable medical condition,” they write, “the dreaded deterioration and vulnerability to the ‘diseases of aging’ can be slowed, prevented and, potentially, even reversed: memory loss, fatigue, heart disease, circulatory problems, arthritis, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.”
Dr. Klatz and Dr. Goldman are pioneering scientists of the anti-aging movement, they actively promote the concept of having the power to fight aging by living a healthy lifestyle and educating yourself on how to enhance your immune system, improve memory and cognitive function, enhance sexual function, and increase your rate of healing among other steps to extend both your health and lifespan.
“Getting older doesn’t have to mean degenerating health and diminishing energy. You can enjoy prime-of-life vitality and cut years from your age.”
Rules for immortality
- The first and most important rule of anti-aging medicine is “don’t die”!
- The second rule is “don’t get sick.”
- The third rule is “don’t get old.” Every day you stay healthy and alive is another day medical science comes closer to finding the ultimate cure to aging.
- Avoid stress and depression, they are major causes for premature aging.
- Exercise daily, this is the number one defense against the infirmities of aging.
- Limit fat in your diet, because it is directly associated with an increased risk of both heart disease and cancer.
- Sleep seven to eight hours a night, quality sleep is essential for rejuvenation and repair. If you suffer from insomnia or other sleeping problems, get help.
- Consume little or no alcohol as it is neurotoxic.
- Don’t smoke, every minute you smoke, a minute of your life is taken away.
- Try to keep your ideal weight, or even five percent below ideal body weight. Mortality begins to increase significantly at 20% above IBW, and at 10% below IBW.
- Maintain optimum antioxidant vitamin blood levels; animal studies indicate a 20% increase in longevity with optimum supplementation.
- Early detection is the key to a cure for both heart disease and cancer; blood tests and comprehensive anti-aging physical exams yearly.
- Drink adequate purified water.
- Think young. Aging is as much a state of mind as it is a state of physiology. Keep young friends around to remind yourself what “youth” feels and thinks like.
- Lastly, do not accept “just getting old” fight tooth and nail to remain youthful and vigorous.
“I have dedicated myself to international development of anti-aging medicine and sports medicine. I’d like to share with you my passion for this paradigm shift in lifetime health,” says Dr. Goldman.
“No, the aging process does not have to suck. Modern anti-aging technologies will make it possible for you to dance your way like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers across the graves of the cynics. Don’t sit down, stay active, alert, and educated. Pay no mind to the naysayers, for they are disinformation peddlers, stand up right, keep moving, and stay active because they can’t burry you if you won't stop moving, that’s the key.” says Dr. Klatz.
“Anti-aging and regenerative medicine is all about is having time to enjoy your life, to enjoy your friends and family, to live, love, and accomplish what you want to do on this planet before you check out; that's what anti-aging medicine has to offer.” explains Dr. Klatz wholeheartedly.
Of course this is just a quick snippet of what is in the book, to find out everything this book entails you will need to read it, and the other books full of a wealth of additional information. You can also view some more longevity tips from Dr. Klatz in this article: https://www.worldhealth.net/news/diy-tips-healthy-longevity-dr-klatz/
Materials provided by:
Note: Content may be edited for style and length.
This article is not intended to provide medical diagnosis, advice, or treatment.