Posted on Jan 29, 2020, 7 p.m.
CBD or Cannabidiol is a chemical compound extracted from the cannabis plant. The naturally derived compound comes in use in the form of oils or edibles. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. CBD oil is used for skin care because of claims to provide magnificent results on the skin without significant side effects. The natural remedy may not only cure skin ailments but it is also known for its excellent pain-relieving properties. The anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD have helped the product gain popularity as of late.
One of the fastest-growing industries is the CBD skin industry. Fast-paced lifestyles and the polluted environment are the main reasons for skincare ailments. A lot of people suffer from acne, skin scars, psoriasis, and many other forms of skin diseases. Scientists have tested cannabinoids extracted from the marijuana plant. This extracted chemical has shown wonders on the skin such as acting like a shield against pollutant and protecting the skin from further damage. Professionals have recommended CBD oil for the skin as it fights breakouts as well as treating inflammation, while the powerful antioxidant properties promises quick healing.
Reasons why CBD is the best product to use to have a healthy skin
- Reduces signs of aging - The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body, with age the skin starts showing aging symptoms like red skin tone, dullness, or wrinkles. Anti-aging creams and oils generally are used to promote a more youthful skin condition. Though many products claim to provide guaranteed results, they may not be as effective as CBD anti-aging products. CBD oil plays a crucial role when it comes to keeping skin hydrated and healthy as it contains antioxidant properties that may aid in reducing the visible aging signs. As CBD oil comes by extraction from hemp plants, it contains two fatty acids, namely omega 3 and omega 6, that help in reducing water loss and ensures that the skin stays hydrated and looks good.
- Cures psoriasis - Healthy skin cells can be attacked when a person suffers from an autoimmune illness such as psoriasis. Under this condition skin cells tend to multiply quickly on the skin surface, and the abnormal skin patches are visible on the skin of psoriasis patients as extra skin cells formed appearing as red spots. CBD oil is a great pain reliever for psoriasis patients, and it also helps in reducing skin cell multiplication.
- Cures acne - Acne is a condition of the skin under which dead skin cells or dirt clog the pores. The blocking of pores causes the multiplication of follicles, causing inflammation that is known as acne which causes blemishes on the skin. CBD oil has various properties that help to treat acne. The anti-inflammatory properties inhibit oil production, targets acne-causing cells and heals the skin without irritation.
- Helps to manage dry skin - Dry skin can occur due to a variety of reasons and typically is not naturally occurring. When the skin is dry, one tends to over-moisturize the skin which prevents the skin from producing natural oils. Dry skin can cause pain due to itchiness, CBD oil contains a balance of substances that can help to nourish and moisturize the skin as well as prevent skin from peeling that can cause rough patches and cuts. The significant benefit of using CBD for dryness is that the product will not affect the sebaceous glands, rather it will interact with the skin and monitor oil production while the anti-inflammatory properties work to heal the damaged areas of the skin.
- Helps manage eczema - Eczema is a condition of the skin under which the patients have to go through a lot of stress and feelings of being uncomfortable due to frequent itchiness. Lifestyle changes like not spending much time in the water have to be made by the patients with this condition. Symptoms of eczema include skin patches that are cracked, red, and itchy. Though this skin ailment has no permanent cure, CBO oil may provide some relief by reducing the dryness and inflammation of the skin. As CBD affects the endocannabinoid system this will also help to address the situation in a better and effective way.
- Treating atopic dermatitis - Dermatitis is a type of skin disease that commonly occurs in children. It mainly occurs during the winter season and can be accompanied with symptoms like red and itchy rashes. CBD contains anti-inflammatory properties which have been shown to have positive effects when it comes to treating dermatitis.
How to use CBD Oil
- Tropical use - CBD oil can be directly applied to the skin to help promote soothing out irritation immediately. Before using the oil, one should always conduct a patch test to avoid an unwanted reaction. The oil should be applied directly on clean skin, and then it should be washed off with warm water. CBD oil also comes in a blend with various essential oils.
- Oral use - CBD oil, when used orally, provides equal benefits as topical use of CBD oil. Though some temporary digestive upset may be caused by consuming cbd oil orally, at the same time oral consumption will mitigate the risks of skin irritation. Different types of CBD oil have different uses which can be used in a variety of recipes if one doesn't like the taste of consuming CBD oil directly.
A lot of skin care procedures or cosmetic products promise to keep the skin in perfect condition. Products made from chemicals that are not naturally occurring can not only do more harm than good but also only provide temporary benefits. On the other hand, cbd wellness products are natural remedies that may help in treating various ailments.
CBD products contents work to neutralize free radicals, reduce stress, and anxiety. Unlike most medications, CBD doesn't have any harmful side effects. CBD oil helps in treating most skin ailments naturally. It is said to be safe and provide a positive impact with proper usage.
Article courtesy of : Jerry Luckey of Hubtech Web
Materials provided by:
Note: Content may be edited for style and length.
This article is not intended to provide medical diagnosis, advice, treatment, or endorsement.