Click here to watch the video
A vitamin D supplement is more effective at reducing the risk of flu infection than vaccines or antiviral drugs, according to a study conducted by researchers from Jikei University School of Medicine in Tokyo and published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
A clinical trial led by Mitsuyoshi Urashima and conducted by the Division of Molecular Epidemiology in the the Department of Pediatrics at the Jikei University School of Medicine Minato-ku in Tokyo found that vitamin D was extremely effective at halting influenza infections in children. The trial appears in the March, 2010 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Am J Clin Nutr (March 10, 2010). doi:10.3945/ajcn.2009.29094)
Scientific Evidence about the Efficacy and Safety of Flu Vaccines Are Universal Mandates on the Way?
There are also some facts suggesting that Vitamin D was protective against the flu of 1918:
1. The mass of deaths in the Northern hemisphere occurred when Vitamin D levels were low (fall and winter).
2. While infection rates were similar for sailors and troops on infected troop transport ships, the sailors had 1/4 the mortality of the troops. One has to assume the 25(OH)D of sailors aboard 1918 troop transport ships was higher than the troops inside.
3. Underground coal miners in North America had the highest mortality of any occupation.
4. The incidence of influenza in the French army was much higher in troops away from the front (assumably in barracks) than in front line troops.
5. Open air hospitals in North America allegedly had lower mortalities than regular hospitals.
6. Mortality for sailors at sea was markedly lower than sailors ashore, despite the crowed conditions on board.
7. In the Western Front, the 1918 flu disappeared in August (when 25(OH)D levels reach their peak) only to return in September, when 25(OH)D levels fall rapidly.
Please click here to sign up for Dr. Eisenstein's newsletter
— Last Edited by Greentea at 2013-09-24 16:49:18 —
— Last Edited by Mayer Eisenstein, MD, JD, MPH at 2013-09-28 10:09:50 —