Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Senior Health

Senior living home?

By jennielquinn at May 15, 2014, 7:19 p.m., 27272 hits

It is sad to reveal that my grandpa is struggling to remember things. When i ask him to do something in his room, i see him standing still in the room and wondering what i said to him. We knew that he is the primary stage of dementia and so, we have decided to provide expert care. We found a senior assisted living facility nearby and they provide care-giving to seniors. So have your heard of Prestige Care Inc? Please share your experiences.

Posts [ 2 ] | Last post May 15, 2014, 7:19 p.m.
#1 - Jan. 16, 2014, 2:44 a.m.
PamelaEganNP

I am not familiar with that particular home, as most of the patients I deal with find such arrangements to be cost prohibitive. As an alternative, many have been safety-proofing their parents' homes using assistive technology devices.

A couple of fantastic and very thorough articles about how to go about doing this, what equipment is needed and the specific function of each individual item were recently published to an informational blog about medical equipment.

There are two particular articles I recommend, the one on Bathroom Safety Equipment and the one about Personal Mobility Aids.

For many families, this is the far more cost-effective solution and at least provides family members with some peace of mind that their loves ones will at least have some obstacles in the way of them hurting themselves.

#2 - May 15, 2014, 7:19 p.m.
PamelaEganNP

Where are they located? I'm not familiar with them, but Medicare.gov offers a service that rates companies such as the one you mentioned and if I know the city and state I can quickly find out how well they stack up against their competition.