Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Energy Medicine

The Spiritual Aspect Of Your Health

By sswartz at June 7, 2016, 8:04 a.m., 15282 hits

When sickness comes your way, you usually run to your doctor who runs a series of tests to determine what’s going on with your blood and stool, and checks your vital signs - blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiratory rate. The doctor can make a diagnosis from your score, and either run more tests or come up with treatment plans to hopefully help you recover your health. If the usual treatments don’t work, you get more and more tests and a bunch of different pills, injections, and maybe, even surgery. If the doc doesn’t find anything, he may run more tests, and the beat goes on… This is what most people do and get in Traditional Medicine, but it’s not a cure; at best, they can manage your disease.

Health is much more than just your physical body. It’s your body, mind and spirit. If you are working on all three of your bodies, you have a much better chance of staying healthy and happy on all levels. I make sure that I get in some form of physical and internal exercise every day. I also spend time stimulating my brain. The brain, like any other muscle or organ, needs to be worked on to keep it healthy and functioning to its optimum capacity. The right nutrition and the right exercises to stimulate your brain are very important. Engaging in social activities, being more physically active, and challenging ourselves mentally are also proven to work. Attitude and lifestyle are important, too. Yet there is more to your health, that is your spiritual life, and I am not talking about your religion. I am talking about spiritual growth.

For the last four days, I have been with a spiritual master, a Tibetan lama from the Bon tradition, the oldest form of Buddhism. He teaches spiritual knowledge that has nothing to do with religion or their dogmas. It has to do with your growth spiritually. Spiritual work is WORK as it moves you past your limitations and opens you up. It’s not particularly comfortable and, at times, I was wondering why I am putting myself through this kind of work.

It’s for my spiritual growth!

Swami Rudi talks about spiritual work in his book, “Spiritual Catabolism.” If you can get a copy, read it.

“The concept of spiritual work is always expressed in terms of simplicity and sweetness – “on earth as it is in heaven.” This refers to the nourishment, which exists on the highest spiritual level – heaven. It is unfortunate for people who were born on earth that they are raised in the illusion of this existence. Life is hard and cruel, and it takes enormous physical strength to understand and deal with it consciously and successfully. Success in the world is almost frowned upon by people who practice spiritual work. They look with disfavor at those who succeed, intimating that they would not dirty their hands with material possessions. The public impression of spirituality has degenerated to the point that when one sees a priest – whether Eastern or Western – the reaction often is “How much does he want?” rather than “How much can he give me?” And the “how much?” refers to money, not to brotherhood, love, or consciousness.

Our spiritual growth plays a big part in our health, wealth and happiness. Digging deeply within oneself to try to find some depth untouched by your conscious mind and bring it to the surface to be tested in life. This is the root of a spiritual life."

When the teaching began, I found myself quite agitated. My legs were sore. I was having a hard time settling down and calming my mind. I knew at that moment that there was more for me to explore, so I chose to continue with his teachings all day Saturday and Sunday, and was able to break through my mental and physical agitation and received more than I ever expected.

I encourage you to take the time and energy to choose to grow beyond your own limitations and open up always, asking deep inside for more. 

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth, and Happiness.

Dr. Wu Dhi

No Reply