Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Genetic Research

Telomerase Activation

By ponce at May 28, 2011, 2:42 a.m., 15082 hits

While not precisely a “cure” for aging, a means to detain and reverse many aspects of age-related deterioration already exists. As you may know, the 2009 Nobel Prize for medicine was awarded to Blackburn, Greider, and Sosztak for the discovery that an enzyme called telomerase can prevent the shortening of telomeres, structures at the ends of the chromosomes that regulate the lifespan of the cell. By preventing the telomeres from becoming critically short, the cells are made “immortal”. Ronald de Pinho of Harvard University called the action of telomerase the “core pathway of aging”. The exciting thing is that Geron Corporation discovered substances that by oral administration, can reactivate telomerase producion in cells, something that ordinarily ceases once the cell is fully differentiated. A website with a great deal of information on telomerase activation is at http://vidainstitute.org.

The substances that Geron found to activate telomerase are contained in the root of a plant that grows in China and Mongolia call astragalus membranaceus. I have been consuming raw astragalus root, and extract from it for 3 months now, and amazingly, it has almost entirely cured several age-related conditions that I suffered from, including a bad back, a gastrointestinal disorder, and osteoarthritis. I can now read again without glasses, something I haven't been able to do for many years!

No Reply