Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Longevity

Realistically, can we extend high-quality life past 80? (Please cite evidence either way)

By curiousanon at March 5, 2013, 12:18 a.m., 14895 hits

Hi Everyone,

I've seen my share of gimmicks in the past. Many people who advocate for “anti-aging medicine” also advocate for human growth hormone treatment, steroids, NLP, and all sorts of other stuff with no scientific basis.

Can anyone here (especially licensed, mainstream physicians) tell me if there what scientifically valid evidence they have for increasing life and quality of life?

(I know the calorie restriction studies are one solid piece of evidence in mice; anything other evidence-based treatments in mice or humans that you could cite)?

Posts [ 6 ] | Last post March 5, 2013, 12:18 a.m.
#1 - June 16, 2011, 4:08 p.m.
Anonymous

I sure hope so as I am 81 & have not slowed down as yet. I feel just the same as I always have. I do a lot of walking with my shepherd doggy & I have no trouble walking anywhere. I don't intend to stop doing all that I do every day. Not yet for a few decades. I manage my own home etc. also. Maybe I look old but I don't feel old at all. - Brenda

#2 - Jan. 31, 2012, 1:45 p.m.

curiousanon;95636:

Hi Everyone,

I've seen my share of gimmicks in the past. Many people who advocate for “anti-aging medicine” also advocate for human growth hormone treatment, steroids, NLP, and all sorts of other stuff with no scientific basis.

Can anyone here (especially licensed, mainstream physicians) tell me if there what scientifically valid evidence they have for increasing life and quality of life?

(I know the calorie restriction studies are one solid piece of evidence in mice; anything other evidence-based treatments in mice or humans that you could cite)?

Hi Everyone,

Aging-imbalance violations and restorations in the body, an illness, the result of the factor human evolution itself is not lethal. Can be treated, you can not treat, another thing that aging brings other illness, if you run any illness will be complications.
At the Forum in the hope to get answers. Find answers, easy ways probably not.
I am the inventor. Some say that the drugs in a garage not exclusively, this happens.
Invented a cure for aging in 1993, èkperimentiruâ in the henhouse of chickens.
Further development requires financial support for the development of treatment of aging and for many human ageing resistance of checks.
Thou wilt not leave us here in the financial embarrassment?
Do not spare their time, scroll to the Bank, please send at least one dollar.
Don't waste me, my contact.
Your Saidav DS, acp@ro.ru

Indicate the bank details as follows:
name of the organisation and number of the transit account in our bank
with OJSC “Promsvyazbank” Moscow, Russia, SWIFT: PRMSRUMM, correspondent account N 40820840540000000211 with Saidov Dadodzhon Sharifovich

US dollars (USD)
Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas,
New York, NY, USA
SWIFT: BKTR US 33
Account No. 04410090

JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York
New York, NY, USA
SWIFT: CHAS US 33
Account No.400942143

Standard Chartered Bank
1095 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036, USA
SWIFT: SCBL US 33
Account No. 3582021663001

The Bank of New York Mellon
One Wall Street, New York, NY
10286, USA
SWIFT: IRVTUS3N
Account No. 890-0536-209

Citibank N.A.
New York, NY, USA
SWIFT: CITIUS33
Account No. 36247478

Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
New York, NY, USA
SWIFT: PNBPUS3NNYC
Account No. 2000193006278

Старение - дисбаланс нарушений и восстановлений в организме, автономная болезнь, результат фактора эволюции человека, само по себе болезнь не смертельна. Можно лечить, можно не лечить, другое дело, что старение возбуждает другие болезни, если запустить любую болезнь будут осложнения.

#3 - Feb. 27, 2013, 4:09 p.m.
debbiestclaire

Brenda,

I am glad you feel so good. Are you or have your done anything special to keep so healthy?

Debbie

#4 - March 1, 2013, 10:01 p.m.

curiousanon;95636:

Hi Everyone,

#5 - March 5, 2013, 12:14 a.m.
drseanbreen

Anonymous;95772:

I sure hope so as I am 81 & have not slowed down as yet. I feel just the same as I always have. I do a lot of walking with my shepherd doggy & I have no trouble walking anywhere. I don't intend to stop doing all that I do every day. Not yet for a few decades. I manage my own home etc. also. Maybe I look old but I don't feel old at all. - Brenda

There was a great article in the Journal of Circulation in 2007 that studied the effects of testosterone in 11,660 men. They concluded that men who had testosterone levels in the upper quartile of the normal range had a 25-30% reduction in mortality from all causes. That study says that men who take testosterone and keep their levels high will less disease and live longer. That is a direct impact on the quality of life. Dr. Sean Breen, you can find more about be at my about me link. http://about.me/drseanbreen/

#6 - March 5, 2013, 12:18 a.m.
drseanbreen

AYoungerYouWithAgeLOC;99062:

curiousanon;95636:

Hi Everyone,

Dr. Sean Breen: there is a lot of literature that testosterone improves well being and mood. In women it increases libido, clitoral sensitivity and intensity of orgasms. Men who use testosterone and HGH lose body fat, increase lean mass and as a result can surf, golf or cycle more frequently with less chance of getting injured. In addition, the New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of American Medical Association have great published studies that link lower levels of testosterone to heart disease, diabetes and cancer. The evidence is overwhelming in the support of using bio-identical hormones to prevent disease and improve the quality of life. You can read more of these studies on my website www.DoctorBreen.com and find me on google + https://plus.google.com/107834859246711509172