Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Environment » Toxins

Toxin help...termite fumigation

By pinknika at Feb. 19, 2015, 6:37 p.m., 13338 hits

I have to get my house that I rent fumigated with Vikane (sulfuryl fluoride) and was wondering if there is anyway to prepare for that other than the typical info that you find on the dow website (dow makes this pesticide)

I recently found out that I may have adrenal fatigue and possibly other hormonal problems. I think getting this done now will hinder my recovery possibly delay or even halt. I don't want to be paranoid but I am worried about the long term results of this chemical although they say this gas dissipates into the atmosphere (that is a problem too) and when it is no longer detected in the air when testing, it is safe to return. I am not trusting them, and according to the epa.gov website, it says it penetrates through walls and pores of wood, and the uptake by materials of the structure is “low”. And although it leaves no “residue” if it can penetrate wood, who knows about mattresses and furniture. It even says on the termite website that mattresses for newborns need to be removed.

I can't afford to move anywhere and the landlords are not being nice about it and do not want to do alternative options. I was also told if I didn't like it, I should move. The house has to be tented and gased.

Since I have to live there til who knows when, at least another year or so, is there anything I can do? Houseplants? Himalayan salt crystal lamps? Burn sage? I am not trying to be funny but I am trying to find some humor in this dire situation and I like alternative methods. Has anyone had to deal with toxins like this? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Anni

— Last Edited by pinknika at 2015-02-19 18:37:48 —

No Reply