Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » Alternative Medicine

Amla herb for lowering blood pressure is working for me

By BobbyBoomer at June 10, 2014, 2:27 a.m., 42429 hits

I've always had decent BP, around in the 120s over 60s but for the past few years as I've aged, I've been battling it. I'd wake up in the morning with the BP in the 120s and then it starts going up. Mid to high 130s during mid-day were common, 140s frequent, and 150s-170s occasionally.

I do garlic pills, meditation, aerobic exercise, and yoga breathing. I don't salt my food, smoke, or drink much alcohol (an occasional glass of red wine). I even cut down to 1 mug of coffee per day and a couple of cups of tea. Nothing worked. I tried different other herbs with no luck.

My doc didn't want to put me on meds because she thought the cure was worse than the problem as long as my morning BP was OK (thanks doc).

But then I discovered Amla extract. I bought Paradise Herbs brand Organic Amla fruit extract (it's the first brand I found and I suppose other brands would be just fine). I'm now back in the 120s, sometimes dipping into the teens, and very rarely going to the low 130s. It's like magic. It took only a couple of days for marked results.

I take one in the morning on an empty stomach with a glass of water when I rise (with a couple of other supplements that I've been taking for years, so they aren't the reason).

Amla is Indian Gooseberry, and I read about this in LEF magazine. I have no association with Paradise Herbs or LEF and make absolutely nothing by posting this (it isn't spam). I'm not a doctor, nor a nutritionist and don't know if everyone can take this herb or not. It probably depends on other conditions you may or may not have (if in doubt check with your doc). I'm posting this simply to possibly help another. It works for me, and whether it will work or not for you I can't say. I hope it helps someone.

Bobby

Posts [ 3 ] | Last post June 10, 2014, 2:27 a.m.
#1 - March 19, 2014, 6:03 a.m.
#2 - March 31, 2014, 2:08 p.m.
BobbyBoomer

I see almost 500 views to date.

I wonder if anyone else tried it and what your results are?

My BP was lowered by the end of the first week, one cap a day, in the morning, on an empty stomach.

No matter how I google it, I never read anything that says Amla lowersblood pressure. I've been to Mayo, WebMD, Livestrong, pubmed.gov, and dozens of others. They all tell you the same things, and believe me, I've tried them all with no results. You know the litany, garlic, exercise, yoga breathing, stress reduction, less caffeine, less salt, don't smoke, limit your alcohol and so on.

Thanks to the article in LEF magazine, I finally found something that works (along with all of the above).

Now if I google Amla or Indian Gooseberry I can find articles that profess that it lowers BP, why not the other way around?

Second question:

I looked quite a bit and couldn't find any negatives to extended use of the extract, does anyone else have any info or personal experience I should know?

Bobby

#3 - June 10, 2014, 2:27 a.m.

I have heard Amla herb from my friend and searched with google and come here. I have been suffering from hypertension for 3 years now. (MY BP: 180/110 mm Hg) I have also palpitition. I have also diabetes type -1. I am so much worried about my pressure. Do I use this herb?