Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information
The Original Voice of the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Preventative, and Regenerative Medicine
logo logo
Home » WorldHealth.net

Peanuts... Healthy or Nut?

By sswartz at Oct. 3, 2015, 3:19 a.m., 16162 hits

It was about 4 years ago when I met Connie Lee, an attractive woman with a southern drawl and a body that wouldn’t quit. I ask Miss Connie Lee where she was from, she said “Texas darling”!
I had visions of her going to rodeos and doing the Two-Step and riding bucking broncos.
She was somewhat of a health nut and would travel to clinics and spas all over the world getting the latest treatments and staying in shape.

We hit it off right away and decided to have dinner to get to know each other better. We were sitting at the bar and they served us some peanuts and she stopped me from eating them! She said to me; “When I was growing up my family had a farm where we grew Jerusalem Artichokes. One year before planting our crops we would plant peanuts to pull all the impurities out of the soil. Peanuts contain mold and many believe they are a cause to cancer and other diseases. Don't eat them!”

On my flight home we were in the air no more than 30 minutes when they brought out bags of peanuts. You would think that the airlines would get it and serve something healthy, but no they serve the cheapest and worst things you could put in your body.

The best thing you can do is stay away from peanuts, peanut butter, and peanut oil. Keep it out of your kitchen and out of your body. Remember to check the labels on products you buy before buying them. Companies try to slip things in where you wouldn't expect it!

Now you may wonder why I am attacking the poor little peanut, peanut butter or even those delicious Reese candy cups. We have been programmed to think of peanuts as a healthy nut, a good source of protein. Remember all those delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches you ate as a child?
Peanuts are not even nuts. That's right, they're from the legume family and they’re no good for you.

When you're on your next flight bring a healthy snack, get out of your seat walk around and do some of the exercises like the ones I have been teaching to the members of the Qigonginnercircle.com you will be glad you did.

I wish you the best in your Health, Wealth and Happiness

Dr. Wu Dhi

Posts [ 2 ] | Last post Oct. 3, 2015, 3:19 a.m.
#1 - Oct. 16, 2014, 7:25 p.m.
BobbyBoomer

With all due respect………

True, peanuts are not nuts, but then neither are pecans, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, pistachios, cashews, or macadamias either. The only true nuts I've ever eaten are Filberts and Chestnuts (I don't eat chestnuts anymore do to the high carbohydrate content).

It's funny, I often hear “Peanuts are not even nuts” but I never hear “Pecans aren't even nuts” (or any of the others). I wonder what that is?

Personally, I think peanuts are fine as long as you get organic.

In pubmed.gov I found plenty of abstracts that describe compounds in peanuts as cancer fighters. So I can't take the word of a farm lady from Texas over prestigious university and scientists that have published their works in reputable peer-reviewed journals.

In defense of the poor peanut.

On the other hand, I have read where the pesticides used in non-organic peanuts are not very nice and so I only eat organic. But the peanut doesn't even make the ‘dirty dozen’ for pesticide contamination, apples are usually number 1.

I'm thinking about growing my own.

Bobby

#2 - Oct. 3, 2015, 3:19 a.m.
Dale power

Thank you,it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. What a wonderful piece of information. Admiring the time and effort you put into your post and detailed information you offer.
http://www.womenstransformationstudio.com.au